Multimodal transport of continental, deepsea and shortsea containers
Barge Terminal Born is primarily an inland container transport operator, and a maritime terminal for deepsea and shortsea containers.
- Daily multimodal connections by Barge, Truck and Rail, to mainports Rotterdam and Antwerp
- Transport of containers by barge between Rotterdam, Antwerp and Born
- All inclusive container logistics, from ports to door and vice versa
- Trucking to destinations in Limburg,Germany and Belgium (operating a fleet of >50 trucks and >95 chassis)
- Cargo handling - Storage - Repair and Cleaning - Customs entrepot C, AEO-certified
- Storage for full and empties
- Container repairs
- In-house Customs services
Three dedicated barges with capacity between 150 - 300 TEU each plus occasionally chartered barges, are sailing continuously between Born and all the terminals in Rotterdam and Antwerp, transporting a total in excess of 2,300 TEU per week.
Six fixed sailings are offered between Born to all water-connected terminals in both Rotterdam and Antwerp.
Barge Terminal Born is specialised in taking care of the total logistic operation of the inland container transport for forwarders, carriers and shippers, including Customs facilities.
Developed in conjunction with the customers, these logistic approaches have resulted in efficient, reliable sharply priced tailor-made operations.
The terminal is a Customs area ‘Entrepot C'. This enables our clients to tranship their containers with minimal Customs procedures and documentation. Barge Terminal Born will take care of it by qualified personnel working at Waalhaven Douane Service B.V.
Transporting via Barge Terminal Born saves the environment and leads to less CO-2, NO-X and sound emissions. BTB has been awarded the "Lean & Green Award.